Monday, June 6, 2011

Put your paws up, baby!

I would just like to thank Lady Gaga for creating the tag line for the official start of my Ironman Arizona 2011 training. Today marks 24 weeks until the big showdown - me vs. 140.6 miles. Who's excited? This girl, that's who. I was definitely not born this way, BUT I was born 31 years ago tomorrow. Oh you forgot? That's OK. You can make it up to me with a donation to American Lab Rescue (see ChipIn link to right, check them out at www.americanlabrescue.com).


Let me re-cap my last few blog posts:

1) I have gone insane and registered for Ironman Arizona

2) I will be covering 140.6 miles (swim 2.4 mi, bike 112 mi, run 26.2 mi) in under 17 hours under my own pure will on November 20, 2011

3) I am raising money for American Lab Rescue which is the dog rescue group from whom we adopted Ellie, the greatest dog in the whole world (see adorable pic in previous post).

4) I would appreciate your support (monetary, emotional, training partners, medical, etc.)


So in honor of Ellie and American Lab Rescue I would like you to put your paws up and get them waving as I start this crazy journey now and cross that damn finish line in November.

One more thing.... I would love it if you sign up to follow my blog posts. Right now I feel like I am talking to a blank wall. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in for bike training and fixing all of your broken body parts as you embark on this psychotic adventure...always thought you were hardcore...now you're proving it!! good luck Morin!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete