Sunday, June 26, 2011

Get your tissues

I recently watched Mine, a documentary on the animal rescue that occurred after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. The movie followed several hurricane survivors as they tried to reunite with their lost pets after the devastation. While I cried pretty much throughout the entire movie, I found the first 20 minutes particularly hard to watch. It detailed the actual animal rescues that took place and the difficulties the rescue groups encountered due to lack of help, lack of funds, lack of space, and too many abandoned animals.


This is a short clip from the movie that I found on YouTube:







American Lab Rescue is only one group out of hundreds in the United States trying to help with the placement of abandoned and homeless pets. I really have no idea if they played a role in the aftermath of Katrina, but I do know that they face the same challenges. If you would like to donate please click on the ChipIn link to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment