Sunday, November 6, 2011

Safe Travels

I just dropped off my bike at Fast Splits in Newton, MA. I elected to have a company transport my bike out to Arizona for me (which saves a boat load of hassle in the airport and a boat load of frustration for me not having to put it back together out in AZ). But as the friendly guy at the shop wheeled my bike out of sight you would have thought I was leaving my first born at summer camp for a week. I told the bike to "be good" and gave it a loving pat before it was wheeled out of sight. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do without it for a whole 2 weeks as I feel like my left arm was taken from me (maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but I miss her).

Funny thing about this whole scenario is that 6 months ago I could have left the bike outside in the wind and rain for days on end, and I would have cared less. Now the bike has a nice cozy spot in the house (not too cold, not too hot), is cleaned on a somewhat regular basis (and I cannot say the same for the rest of the house), and is talked to on a daily basis (yes, I talk to my bike). Riding, for what seems like endless hours, has bonded me with my bike. I wish the MJ Cruiser safe travels out West. Rest up because we have some ass kickin' to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment